Sunday, April 02, 2006

If you thought the last post was pathetic...

...now I'm closing down the Apple Store in Stonestown. They're copying my personal data from their external hard drive to my wiped PowerBook and there's nine minutes left. They're ushering out the small, young hipster girl who could be anywhere from eleven and sixteen and who spent the last half hour taking and sending grotesque split-screen pictures of herself through iChat. Now, after more than three hours in this place listening to six different music tracks simultaneously blaring from six iPod Hi-Fi units, the Apple Store is quiet, despite all the silhouetted musicians working so terribly hard on all the mammoth iMac displays perched on blond wood counters. The security guard's wife just called and badgered him on when he would be coming home. He explained he had a few more people still in the store. That would be me.

I suppose I could accentuate the positive--it's been a very long time since I've had a technology meltdown, and strictly speaking I've never had an iChina Syndrome, unless you count the time that chick at RadioShack plugged the wrong power cord into my external hard drive and smoke came out of it, melting the only copy I had of my audition video for John Mitchell's Sex Film Project. Fortunately I'd already made and sent a print.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home